Monday, August 11, 2008

Micheal Phelps Brings Joy to the World

Now this is the kind of stuff that brings me joy. How incredible was that reaction of Michael Phelps when Jason Lezak barely inched by the french guy to win that gold medal! The race itself was incredible, but to watch Michael Phelps was even more incredible. It's neat to watch him in his quest for the 8 gold medals again. He surely will be the most decorated Olympian by the end of the games.

Phelps is my son's idol. I am thrilled that he follows someone who proves what setting goals and working to achieve them does.

4 comments:

Jill said...

I missed it but saw the replay! Forget the face...how about the body! :-)

Kristie said...

Aw, the face is cute. The body is great!
Hm, the Jackie bus should be heading to the Water Cube in China!

Jill said...

Amen Sister!!! Did she stop by your house last night after all? Probably didn't need her...

Alison said...

I'm sorry, but I don't share your enthusiasm for Phelp's primal yelling. I thought the race was fantastic, exciting, amazing... I just don't go for half-naked men yelling, or maybe he's just not my type. I'll keep the race and you can keep Michael Phelps. Now, we wouldn't want him to get a big head would we? Maybe it's just as well that there at least two women who did not appreciate that footage (my daughter is with me on this one)! What fun would it be if we all agreed? :-)