Monday, September 7, 2009

Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs


Clearly this is not a healthy eating blog with the type of food that I put on here every so often. We're having bacon-wrapped hot dogs for lunch this fine Labor Day Holiday, so I thought I'd share this post that was originally on Karene's Kitchen on 9/9/08 (I merged Karene's Kitchen into Lily's Licorice back in the spring.)

It was always a special treat when mom made the bacon wrapped hot dogs for dinner. That meant we were getting chips and pop with dinner. No salad, potatoes or milk! Yippee!

These are absolutely delicious. You slice an opening long ways in the hot dog. Then you fill it with small slices of American cheese. Take a slice of bacon (2 actually works best to make it fit fully around the hot dog) and wrap it around the hot dog. Then you broil the hot dog til the bacon is done. You can also toast the bun just a bit. Top the dog with what you usually top it with, and Whala! you have a most delectable hot dog.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

ModernMom said...

Yummers! Looks like perfection!

Anonymous said...

I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success.

Anonymous said...

Excellent blog! I genuinely leaning how it' s serene on my eyes as marvellously as the info are expertly written. I am wondering how I may be notified whenever a stylish send has been made. I own subscribed to your rss maintain which should do the frolic! Accept a punctilious daytime!
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]